So last week I went to Atlantic City with some friends Alex, Jay, Ken and I went down there and pretty much tore the place up, I made approx $700 in the 12 hours or so I was at the table, I really didn't keep any records of it at all which is probably a bad idea.
Anywho I went down to AC on Tuesday and I didn't really feel at all good, I have been eating rather healthy since my weight loss bet (I will get to that) anywho I ate McDonalds on the bus, and that was a mistake, I get to NYC and my head is starting to hurt feeling a little nauseas. So I decided to take the cab from the Fung Wah bus to Port Authority which was probably a good idea since I felt so crappy. Anywho I meet up with Alex we get on the bus and poor Alex gets stuck with some dick who has to put his seat all the way back, Alex having really long legs was uncomfortable so we move to the back of the bus, there is an old man laying out on the very last row of seats.
I put on my Ipod and try to get some rest before we get to the casinos. Behind me all of the sudden I hear the hold man coughing loudly. Sounds much like a cat vomiting really I am getting a little anxious that the back of my head might being coated with phlegm. So after he stops coughing he starts swearing FUCKING JESUS WHAT THE *COUGH* *COUGH*... then I hear what are the worst words you can possibly hear in a situation like this. "Hey buddy, he taps on my shoulder, Hey buddy. I take off my Ipod head phones and turn towards him, and he asks, "Hey is this bus going to Atlantic City or to New York." I tell him that it is infact going to AC, and he mumbles something and then takes a giant slug out of a paper bag. I sigh, he asks me how far the bus is away? I say I have no idea. He then he starts talking about how he is a no good drunk, and the fact that he found his wife dead in the caesars and his brother was stabbed in some seedy hotel off boardwalk. Then at this point he tips up his brown paper bag and chugs the rest. Then he goes to the bathroom and I put my headphones on, and then he comes out of the bathroom and he blacks out again, only to repeat this whole scene over again 30 minutes later. He tells me his name is Wayne and he has drank away all his money and likes to come down to AC with $1k and see what he can do with it. At this point the spot behind my eyeballs feels like it is getting stabbed with a knife.
Finally the bus trip ends and Wayne offers to buy me a drink I politely decline, he offers me a non alcoholic drink or a sandwich, and I tell him thanks but I have to meet some friends and I somehow luck out and he accepts it. He offers his hand and I shake it despite the fact it looks like he he has chewed most of his fingernails down to the nail beds (really gross), so we get off the bus and I go to the bathroom to wash my hands, and we take the "Jitney" to the casino, it is little short bus that has like 10 seats in it, that gets us to the Hilton and we find out there was an issue with our rooms, and we get stuck with non smoking rooms, luckily for me this ended up working in my favor.
So anyway we get up to the room and call Jay and Ken whom arrived earlier in the day. After we talk to him I suddenly feel really horrible, I run into the bathroom and toss my cookies. So Jay and Ken come up and I meet them :) wonderful, and they leave to go and play cards and I pass out... what a great start to the trip.
Anywho the next day I wake up feeling like a million bucks and I go down to the poker room and there is only one game going and it is full of old dudes, so I go down to check out the pool, then I notice Syracuse is playing and watch the game. I come back up and we head down to Hooters at the Trop, I have about 4 beers and lunch, we decide to play credit card roulette and obv Jay gets stuck with the bill, we head down to Caesar's and I buy-in for $200 and raise from the button to $10 with KQo and get 45 callers the flop is Ks Kd Td and it is checked to me, I bet $30 and some jackass minraises, I know he has a K so I shovel, he snap calls with K8 and I hold for the $450 pot. Not much action after that I think I win another pot and we are off to the Borgota, Jay and Ken have entered a tourney.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment