Saturday, January 27, 2007

Brief expirement with SHLE

So I have been playing a lot of hands, probably about 8kish hands since we last chatted, I had a great run at SHLE and it is very fun, but the swings are brutal. Until I can get my bankroll up to a comfortable level I am done with it. It is amazing how much rakeback you can earn playing it though. I mean you could make a fortune just in rakeback from playing it, but it makes you want to slit your wrists seriously.


The Maltese Falcon 10475251-46172 Holdem Limit $1/$2

Seat 1 : No_Neck has Kh Jd
No_Neck and raised $1, KABOOKIE raised $1, No_Neck called $1

Dealing flop.
Board cards [Qs Kc 9d]
No_Neck checked, KABOOKIE bet $1, No_Neck raised $1, KABOOKIE called $1

Dealing turn.
Board cards [Qs Kc 9d 7d]
No_Neck bet $2, KABOOKIE called $2.

Dealing river.
Board Cards [Qs Kc 9d 7d 6s]
No_Neck bet $2, KABOOKIE raised $2, No_Neck called $2

Showdown!
No_Neck has Kh Jd
KABOOKIE has 6c 6h
KABOOKIE has 3 of a Kind: 6s
KABOOKIE wins $22.50 with 3 of a Kind: 6s


called me down with a pair of sixes and then hits the two outer, but this is the norm people will call down with any pair heads up in a pot. It is great, the only problem is you are pushing much smaller edges in limit than you are in No Limit so the variance is much much higher. My bankroll is still in building mode so I am going to have to give this game up until I can get some more money together, to be quite honest NL is a much easier way of making money. So I think I am just going to stick with that, SHLE has a serious gambling aspect to it, it is an action game...

I have found also that it is so much easier to tilt in limit than it is in NL. When someone pushes you have to call off all of your chips it is much different than when you just have to call one more bet. And in SH those bets add up FAST!! So for now we are done with SH, it was a nice break from NL but I can't afford to learn a game like that right now.

NL is going good I am up about $150 after starting off the month with a rather large downswing, Since I was playing a lot of short handed limit, I only have 8k hands of NL played, and with all the limit action I am down about $77 dollars, so if I had played NL for that many hand I probably would have about $300 dollar month thus far. Which would have been nice but I needed a change for a little while.

Anywho I am coming closer and closer to finally finishing the bonus at Doyles room, I am not sure if I am going to leave doyles room, the games seem to be a lot softer than Pokerstars or on Fulltilt, I am going to get some money back on Fulltilt so that I can play some more stud, I have always rocked at that game, and it is a big money maker/ rakeback maker.

I think I am going to try to get people to come and play poker games at my place as well. If I can get a few people that want to have there home games at my place once a week I think I can make enough money doing that. If that is the case I think I will be done at Circles shortly. I really just can't stand that place and now that I have a way to make that extra money I will be all set. If I can get 36 hours worth of business in a week than I can make just as much money as I would at Circles. Anywho that is what I am thinking, I really should post something on FCP but I want to wait things out a little bit.

Anywho I should get out of here somehow I killed about 30 minutes writting this thing. So far I am up about $250 this month including rake back, I think by Valentines day I am going to be done the bonus. I might just cash most of that out and get everything paid up and then start over once again. Only time will tell.....

No comments: